Relief is available for those who are the victim of a spouse’s error on their tax return, those who have since divorced their spouse but divorced after the taxes were filed, or those who filed a joint return with their spouse that resulted in an understatement of tax. Generally, married taxpayers who file jointly are both liable for the full amount of tax due.

However, with our tax specialists’ help, you can show that when you signed the return that you didn’t know, or had no reason to know, of the understatement, or that there were certain erroneous items on the return, that could grant you relief from paying the tax.

You may be a candidate for innocent spouse relief if you had no idea about the financial activity of your spouse (or ex-spouse) or how your spouse was manipulating the books. This means that you did not share bank accounts, your spouse had a separate business, and you did not benefit in lifestyle from the extra money due to tax manipulation.

Contact our expert today to see if you qualify for this program.

To qualify as an innocent spouse, you must meet all of the following conditions:

  • You must have filed a joint return that has an understatement of tax;
  • The understatement of tax must be due to erroneous items of your spouse;
  • You must establish that, at the time you signed the joint return, you did not know, and had no reason to know, that there was an understatement of tax;
  • Taking into account all the facts and circumstances, it would be unfair to hold you liable for the understatement of tax; and
  • You must request relief within two years after the date on which the IRS first began collecting activity against you.

Our team will be able to provide an IRS account analysis and conduct a thorough evaluation of your record of account so as to provide accurate recommendations based on our findings. We will act with your best interest in mind to represent your case and resolve your IRS problems on your behalf.

Innocent spouse relief from Creative Tax Solutions

If you were the victim of your spouse’s misjudgment or illegal activities on your tax return, if you divorced your spouse after taxes were filed, or if your joint tax return resulted in an understatement, you should fill out an innocent spouse relief form. Always remember that jointly filing a tax return makes you liable for the full amount of taxes. With the help of our agents, you can show the IRS that you had no way of knowing about any errors on your taxes, which could mean avoiding paying excessive fines or other serious consequences.

Professional IRS innocent spouse assistance

If you had no idea about your spouse’s finances, or your spouse was doing something illegal that you knew nothing about, you may be qualified for relief. However, you must be able to prove to the IRS that you and your spouse held no joint accounts, that he or she owned a separate business, and that you did not benefit in any way from your spouse’s activities.  

You may qualify as an innocent spouse if you meet the following conditions:

  • Your spouse was responsible for the tax understatement
  • You did not know that there was an understatement when you signed your joint tax return
  • That it would be unfair to hold you accountable for your spouse’s activities given the circumstances
  • You have requested relief within two years of an IRS audit

If you meet the above criteria, you should consider filling out an innocent spouse form with the help of Creative Tax Solutions.

IRS innocent spouse form support

The IRS has power to garnish your wages, levy your bank accounts, and even throw you in prison. That is why you should never fight them alone. Our professional team of tax specialists will conduct a thorough investigation of your case so that you can send in your innocent spouse paperwork and get on with your life.

Don’t Contact the IRS. Talk to a Tax Relief Expert Today.

  • Free Consultation
  • No Obligation
  • Experienced advise

    Happy Clients

    Read More Reviews from These Trusted Sources